“Improv can give us confidence and wings to fly. Come and learn to play games that provide laughter and new ways of seeing the world. I have known Vince Ricci for 30 years. He is one of the top teachers of this work/play. I recommend his workshop.” – Patricia Ryan Madson, Improv Wisdom author, founder, Stanford Improvisors (SIMPS)
Project Confidence: Exclusive Five-week Online Course Built Around Improvisation Techniques Developed by Stanford University Professor Patricia Ryan Madson
- Comfort on camera is an essential skill, especially in these days of distance learning. Now more than ever, students need to be fluid and self-expressive when engaging in video-based communications.
- As a father of a 14-year-old and a former teacher of middle and high school (history and drama), I use techniques of my mentor, Patricia Ryan Madson, to help children find and express their authentic voices.
- We meet online once a week for one hour to build transferable skills that can help children listen better and contribute more in learning environments and daily life.
- Together, we build storytelling skills that can keep opening doors for a lifetime.
#1 of 5
- Be aware, be present: Accept offers
- Yes! Game to learn how to build on the ideas of others
- Word at a time stories
#2 of 5
- There's always something in the box: Give a gift
- Narrative techniques: shared control; start anywhere: sound ball, word ball
- Instant Story
- Once upon a time, there was...
- And every day...
- Until one day...
- Because of that...
- Because of that...
- Until finally...
#3 of 5
- Prepare a 1–minute speech on:
- an embarrassing moment; a truth you have learned; a joke; a travel story; a topic of your choice
#4 of 5
- Practice one-minute stories
- Give and receive feedback on one-minute stories
#5 of 5
- Final performance: share stories and give each other constructive feedback, balancing praise and gentle suggestions
- Parents welcome!
SCORING / EVALUATIVE CRITERIA
- Stage presence
- No blocking
- Good offers ￼
- Narrative abilities
- Listen, focus, be endowed
- Fun to watch and play with; look like you are enjoying yourself
- Maximum of six students (ages 10-14) – first class SOLD OUT with 7 kids. Thank you!
- This class is now full.
- Please watch this space for the next offering.
- Thank you!
Please, complete this intake form if you are interested in learning more. Thank you!
Excited to expand this project that has been 30 years in the making. Please, kindly watch this video to learn more about the overall vision for #MyStoryWorks. #ProjectConfidence is a baby step in that larger direction – but NOT the video sharing part for kids :)
Keith Johnstone, Impro
Patricia Ryan Madson, Improv Wisdom
Rebecca Stockley & Lynda Belt, Improvisation through TheatreSports (TM)